|Shifts hiring||Part-time, Full-time|
Director of Operations
Full or Part Time
Respond to emergency and non-emergency calls to provide basic and/or advanced life support patient care and medical transportation in accordance with regional protocol and company policies and procedures.
- Must demonstrate a sound knowledge of approved and required clinical practices as related to the response, assessment, treatment and transport of patients in pre-hospital settings.
- Responds to requests for emergency and non-emergency medical care in a timely manner.
- Examines patients, and reports on patient medical condition to an emergency department nurse or physician via two-way radio or telephone.
- Utilizes medical equipment and procedures including: Defibrillator and EKG monitor; Oxygen and suction devices; Intravenous Fluids and administration; parenteral injections; CPR; and other procedures as required.
- Prepares and submits Patient Care Reports, daily time sheets, supply inventory, as required according to American Ambulance Service, Inc. standards.
- Gathers patient billing information and necessary signatures.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Assures that emergency vehicle and all supplies are inventoried. Maintains the cleanliness of the emergency vehicle and the station.
- Excellent patient care skills along with exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving skills are required.
- Must hold CT State EMT-Paramedic License
- Must have the ability to plan and carry out responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Must adapt well to a dynamic working environment and duties that may change with minimal notice.
- Must have excellent communication and public relation skills.
- Must have the ability to work cooperatively as a team member.
- Must have excellent writing proficiencies.
- Must be able to type and operate computers and tablets.
- Flexible shift availability is preferred.
- Must have High School Diploma or GED.
- Must have (or willing to obtain) American Heart Association CPR Certification.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must possess a current Driver's license with a minimum 2 (two) years licensed driving experience; excellent driving record required.
- Must provide requisite National Incident Management System documentations.
- Must complete OSHA Respirator Medical Evaluation Fit Test per pre-employment and annual requirements.
- Required to wear personal protective equipment.
- Required to work hazards situations that may include: i.e. motor vehicle accidents, Hazmat scenes and industrial accidents.
- Required to work in a variety of temperature environments that may include: ie. fumes, odors, dust and mist.
- Required to complete/provide a pre-employment and annual PPD or, if a converter, must obtain chest x-ray every five years.
- Required to complete the Emergency Vehicle Operations Course.
- Required to complete annual refreshers and other requested testing and training as specified by management.
- The ability to pass the requirements of the pre-employment agility test.
- The ability to frequently lift (with a partner) a minimum of 225 lbs or greater.
- The ability to safely maneuver a patient weighing a minimum of 225 lbs in a wheelchair both up and down three steps without additional assistance.
- The ability to frequently lift, push, pull and maneuver a patient utilizing appropriate pieces of equipment. This must be accomplished in a safe manner and without difficulty.
- The ability to lift and stow equipment in a safe manner without difficulty.
- The ability to walk up and down stairs without difficulty.
- The ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- The ability to walk a distance of one quarter of a mile without difficulty and without affecting the immediate performance of job-related duties as outlined.
- The ability to frequently: reach forward or overhead; squat, kneel or crawl.
- The ability to utilize upper extremities for repetitive grasping and fine manipulation.
- The ability to operate a company vehicle during all hours of the day or night for long periods of time in often-challenging traffic conditions and weather. Trips will include locations throughout Norwich and the surrounding communities within Connecticut, Rhode Island and, at times, even further distances.
Must pass the pre-employment screening process including:
- Drug Screening
- Background Checks
- Motor Vehicle Report requirements
- Pre-hire and Orientation Testing requirements
Must provide appropriate documentation from a certified medical provider that demonstrates the ability to fulfill the duties of the job description.
Must provide appropriate, legal documentation that authorizes the ability to work in the United States.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration, without discrimination because of sex, marital status, race, color, age, creed, national origin, sexual orientation, military reserve membership, ancestry, religion, height, weight, use of a guide or support animal because of blindness, deafness or physical handicap or the presence of a physical handicap.